Sunday 6 May 2012

Film studies



I began working from the still images. This particular still reminded me of paint drips therefore when re-creating this I wanted to make a range of drips. The photograph is only a starting guideline towards the image I create. For this reason my interpretations do not look exactly like the photographs. I am looking to exaggerate and heighten aspects of the image, this is why I have made numerous lines of drips visible instead of only showing four such as in the photo. By working from the still images I have come to enjoy the use of a frame in the composition as it encloses you into the image. I ensured a heavily diluted application of paint to create a haze of layers and to make a diffusion of tone, establishing an aged surface appearance. I feel the lighter orange study worked best as the white of the lines do not stand out greatly, as they do against the blue, and I achieved the diffusion of tones I wanted.





No comments:

Post a Comment